Sunday, October 6, 2013

Pumpkin Obsession

So I've made another blog for things that aren't about writing. I'm sure writing will spill over into here anyway since it's what I do, but at least I'm not just talking about that.

Has anyone else noticed the obsession with pumpkins this time of year? I don't mean just the dozens of them sitting outside stores waiting to be grabbed up, carved and gutted. It's food wise too. Dunkin Donuts, McDonald's, Barnes & Noble cafes, and Starbucks all have pumpkin or pumpkin pie flavored items in their arsenal.

I personally have tried the pumpkin pie and pumpkin spice latte from McDonald's. The pie was so-so. I liked the sweet potato pie they had last year better (with whipped cream!). The latte, however, was delicious, also with whipped cream. Now, it doesn't come with the cream, you'll have to ask for that separate, and I know some places charge for it, but it is well worth it. It makes the latte perfect!

I wonder when the rest of the fast food world will jump on the pumpkin bandwagon? Or is it too late for them this year?

Signing off,
Kayley

No comments:

Post a Comment