Monday, January 27, 2014

My First Day Back At Exercising!

Whew! It's been a long time since I've exercised. I could feel it. Haha! But I know it will help me in the long run. And I actually felt good today after exercising! Granted, it took me about ten minutes after I stopped, but I felt better! I don't know if it was exercise(because I know it releases something in your brain to make you feel good) or the fact that I was listening to some great Contemporary Christian music. Maybe it was both. But either way it was awesome, despite briefly getting queasy during the workout. I don't think I've ever exercised and gotten sick like that. It was weird. I'm thinking I might need to eat more about 15 minutes before my exercise session to give me time to digest. Just something to try next time.

I didn't exactly follow a routine. I just went on Pinterest and looked up different exercises and pinned them. Then I wrote down the ones I wanted to do and divided them up into three days: Day 1 is for my upper body, Day 2 is for the lower, and Day 3 is going to be HIIT or High Intensity Interval Training. You need a lot of cardio to work off extra weight. Just doing crunches and squats won't help if you're not elevating your heart rate and burning calories. Wow, I sound so smart. Except I didn't study nutrition and exercises. I just researched for myself. I think making my own work out will help me be more inclined to exercise. Plus listening to great songs like Skillet really helps! :)

Love,
Kayley

No comments:

Post a Comment